Choose License Type
You will need to decide which license you are wanting to pursue. The two most popular ones are the General Lines Life, Accident & Health and the General Lines Property and Casualty.
Prepare For Your Exam
Once you decide which license you want, you will need to begin preparing for the state exam. The State of Texas doesn’t require a set number of hours of pre-license education, they simply require you to pass the state exam.
Our In-person classes are our most popular option. Classes are held in several Texas cities with a varied schedule to accommodate you. Small class sizes are what we are all about. You will not be in a giant lecture hall, you'll be up close and personal with one of our awesome teachers.CLICK HERE for TO SEE OUR CURRENT SCHEDULE OF CLASSES
Many of our in-person classes are also broadcast as LIVE webinars via ZOOM. You are enrolled in the live class, but you network in from home, or wherever works for you. You see and hear everything in HD quality live from the classroom. We also send you the book that the in-class students have at their desks. CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR CURRENT SCHEDULE OF LIVE WEBINARS
Our third option is Video on Demand. These are like private lessons that you do from home. Everything is recorded on video for you to do at your own pace. These ARE NOT just recordings of prior classes. These are custom video courses created just for the do-it-yourself student. Each lesson is adapted to work for you from home. And, if you start out with a video course and then you decide you would rather do a live class or webinar, you just pay the difference to upgrade, no problem. CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR VIDEO ON DEMAND CLASSES
Whichever method you choose, we GUARANTEE YOUR SUCCESS. If you complete our course and score 80 or better on our practice test, you should pass the state exam. If you take your test within 72 hours of scoring 80 on our practice test, we guarantee that you'll pass. If you come up short, we will refund your test center fee.
**You must pass your state exam before submitting your application and fingerprints on Sircon. You can get your fingerprints done before having taken your test.
The application for Resident Licensing will not be processed until the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) receives your criminal history reports from the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Electronic Fingerprinting is fast and accurate, and in most cases will avoid potential delays in the processing of applications.
The process for electronic fingerprinting is as follows:
- Click Here for detailed instructions on the fingerprinting process. Your Service Code is 11G6QF
- Electronic fingerprinting appointments must be made through IdentoGO By MorphoTrust USA (formerly known as L1 Enrollment) by calling 888-467-2080 Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM Central time, or by scheduling online at www.identogo.com . A $39.70 processing fee is required to cover the cost of the criminal history reports.
- Arrive at your electronic fingerprint appointment location with your FAST Pass form. A fingerprint technician will capture your digital fingerprints. You will also be photographed as part of the fingerprint process.
- After your fingerprints and photograph are taken, the technician will give you a receipt verifying that you were fingerprinted. Do not throw away the receipt! The information on the receipt is needed for the electronic application process. You will not get a printed fingerprint card.
Apply For Your Texas Insurance License
In Texas you can apply for your license online at www.sircon.com/texas . You will need to have already completed your fingerprints and have the receipt on hand when you are completing your application. You must pass your exam before you submit your application through Sircon.
Schedule And Take Your Exam
The TDI testing provider is Pearson VUE .
- First, review the Candidate Handbook from Pearson VUE.
- Contact Pearson VUE to make an exam reservation
- Arrive at the testing center the day examination is scheduled; and
- Submit a Pearson VUE license application to Pearson VUE